Thursday, December 22, 2016

Reindeer Games

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

The wild, last few days ahead of the big retail holiday are flying by. You got it or you don't- think I only need one more small thing, whew- Cards will be out a tad late, just doing them today. But a package mailed USPS priority  on Tuesday late afternoon made it there in about 24 hours. That's amazing!

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

I have been avoiding Large Department Stores like the plague recently. Even the supermarket lines are crazy. Also the Dollar Tree has been featuring heaping checkout orders infront of me.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

Xmas Eve is an unpaid Day Off for me, n I'll have visiting time To deliver a few things. I'm hoping to get to some home baking. Xmas Day- Night I have to work, n I will bring in some candy, peppermints, n a few other things for everyone. After years it has still been tough to get other folks there to bring in things to share. I think everyone should.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016


Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016


When it's all over after New Years n school vaca time, I'll be very relieved. Those will all be busy order days too.  This extra rushed holiday stuff on top of working is stressful. I don't really get to enjoy much  holiday time. I long for the old days that had more free time to relax on long vacations.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

Seems like life's gotten too complicated to keep up with it all. Probably most folks would give up long before I do.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

I always play the game as long as I can. Even if it seems a bit futile...

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016


Have a Happy Chanuka and/or A Merry Christmas!

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

All the above were made from this version.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

This was my Dollar Tree bargain window dec this year. I do like glitter, tho zoologically the deer is more a Whitetail than caribou ...



9 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

The Dollar Tree is the only place to go for Christmas. I am a "bah-humbug" gift giver and usually offer cash. Great altered beauties from the little reindeer. Wishing you all the joy of the holiday season.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thankyou Annie! I always try to not give cash for holidays. have a good one!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Package around the world flies
In 24 hours at your feet they’ll lie
The department stores make me sad
From all the people they drive mad
Schools are out kids running wild
Bells ringing everywhere way to loud
I try to keep up with it as life spins by
Merry Christmas, no that’s not a tear I cried

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis! I have avoided the large mart for weeks n need regular supplies like pills n supplements . will have to go this week for headache pills. Hopingbthe crowds are down by then . not going back to fix the typo on this thing. Takes a long time. Hope you had some holiday fun anyway!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger cube said...

Thanks for your post about Carrie Fisher. Her work, from films to print, touched me as well.

Like you, I hate the crowds during the holidays, but because I always end up procrastinating, I must endure it if I want to get those things that I couldn't get online. The Dollar stores are great for last minute stocking stuffers, but shop there all year long especially for reading glasses which I have scattered all over my house.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger cube said...

I meant your comment on my blog :)

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cube, I am definitely affected by her loss- n now her Mom too! I break so many of those reading glasses! They fall on the cement at work. I spring $3 at Ocean State Job Lot nowadays, because they lat longer.
My bank account was stolen awhile back, n had an online purchase that month, so won't order online with out a separate card again. Don't have one now.

Cube, n/p Star Wars is my all time fav film btw- been listed since I began here in 2005. Visiting some young folks now, n episode 1 is playing on tv right now!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Love your Christmasy images. So sorry to be late commenting. Hope your Christmas was good.

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, glad you like them! It was OK. Late is always better than never, I think. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home