Thursday, August 20, 2015

Holding On


Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015



Where I'm staying the house owner's been in the hospital, so I've ended up with a few unexpected responsibilities like front n back garden watering n some animal care. Still haven't made the beach yet. The tide is too early for me  this week- tho I may yet find ambition to make a bike ride down there to toe dip this week. Haven't been taking many pics that have come out well either.

I should just give up doing extra things until my planned days off in a couple weeks, n would if we weren't so roasting hot here again this week. The humidity has been up there, n of course I'm getting lots of exercise n sweating.

No ac at home, n the one window with the door shut just is killing me, never mind cooking tea water or food- watermellon, ice cream, n cold sandwiches will do for now. I finally started using the ice-box ice cubes in my Kool-Aid tonight. Finally got over-heated in here doing dryer laundry. Much more convenient n faster than having no machine, but some of my ancient clothes are shredding.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015

What's messing me up is most of the stock has been moved to the yet to open location, n I can't get things I would have by now- like a new lunch bag n backpack. The old ones are all ripping to shreds in the meantime...  Patching away with a sewing needle lately.
Also I'm not looking forward to walking miles in the new store to find the same things I was getting there before like tea bags n eyedrops.

As I age, all this "new progress" stuff seems to always mean "figure out new ways to get everyday things done again," without any extra time for  learning fitted into your schedule.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2015

Pic is the interesting above ground roots of an Oak tree outside the library, turned purple. (It was very grey).
Still trying to fit Library trip plus other things into the same Day Off n keep running out of time for other things. This week I'll be skipping sleep Saturday to fit in a Sister visit, n hope to recover quickly while not missing a day of work. I've been so overtired- n waking up with allergy head-aches. The Ragweed is crazy out there now, n I'm weeding it, plus getting a blast of new chemicals (soap) around the new place too.

What a different summer I'm having this year...
Hope your's is going better! 

5 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Can you get a floor or table fan to move the air in your room when the window is open? You may need to up your allergy medication. Hope things change as you sound tired and discouraged and beautiful fall is just a breath away.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

You need one of those window AC units - so sorry about all the changes. I wish you could just get to beach and sit and just BE.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Rings of gold and purple hue
Tho death from fire it still grew
Fighting the crab with swords two


Snaggle it seems life is going well.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Just getting over a head ache here, I can commiserate. I agree with Tabor on the fan. Wishing you love, peace and sleep. xooxoxox

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Definitely not feeling up to much this summer. Walking alot tho- I have three small fans in here- others in storage won't fit! Thanks.

Lynn, I'd hate to block my window view as I get claustrophobic without windows- But yeah- I considered it. Then I'd feel I can't leave the room tho- n know it will be a longggg winter! Time for the beach is coming next week! thanks

Ellis, I thought the tree roots
Were like a wicker basket,
Grabbing n holding,
Helping to hold onto
being grounded.

Crab with swords is a cool vision - thanks!

Jannie, another week n we'll freeze around here probably!- thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home