Thursday, May 01, 2014

B7

Photo of B's painting by SnaggleTooth 2014

I've actually been consciously avoiding the internet all week. After news reported a new virus attacking IE browsers versions 9 to 11, I decided just not to get my home machine online n risk it.

Altho I use Chrome for blogging, my ISP software always launches IE automatically, even after changing default settings.
After getting some advice on avoiding the problem, here I am crossing my fingers.

Email n other accounts want me to keep changing passwords, so my system for remembering is all messed up too-
Classmates sent me a new message alert, n I can't even get into the account to read it. So much time is wasted just trying to get stuff figured out, n my time is too limited. Most of my online effort is spent paying bills n deleting scores of spam email.

At least the green has begun to spring forth here finally, even tho weather is in the 40F's n stormy rain these Days Off. I tried to put away the gloves n scarves, but they took an encore today. Daffodils, Forcynthias, Azealeas, n Cherry blossoms are out. Tree leaf buds are still waiting to unfurl. Willow trees are pollinating, n I'm allergic to those. The lawns are sprouting short, soft, new, green carpets.

Luckily no mowing is needed yet, n the rains aren't flooding here. Today I had time to get some inexpensive plants for the deck garden. Pansies, Lavender, Thyme, n a tomato bush, I have seeds for impatiens, n a wild-flower mix, n a butterfly mix to try for surprises. Also I expect all the Violas from last year to sneak back in again. My work is cut out for me with so many pots out there to do. so far only a few weeds n the chives are growing.

Meanwhile I'm taking another lazy week after getting the work laundry done, because it's that curl up with a book weather. Plus I'm still recovering from that last bug

Pic is a painting done this year by "B" who turns 7 Today. It hangs in a place of honor for all to enjoy. N here too...

9 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I use Chrome on my laptop and Mozilla on my desk top. Hopefully no problems on either. I also still have an AOL account but did change my password as told to do and so far so good.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I usually used Mozilla and now use Chrome, half and half. IE was not used at our work because we were told it was not as safe as other browsers, so when I retired I kept that pattern. I keep trying to find time to change passwords...maybe tomorrow.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Should have been no problems with those. My ISP is what's messed up with mine. MS just issued an update to deal with that - TG. What a long week for me!

Tabor, I have a password system I can't follow to remember anymore! If I can't remember specific accounts, it helps me guess. Now there are too many guesses in different directions.... yikes!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I love B's imagination. :) Very nice. And how nice that you will have a deck garden again! My back deck is so shady that I can't do vegetables or herbs.

Glad it's warming up and greening up a bit for you!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

I've changed a couple of passwords and I still use IE 11. Chrome is okay but it makes my computer crash.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Pansies, lavender and thyme...some of my absolute favorites. Yeah, there are all sorts of viruses lately. Annoying, but not worth taking any unnecessary risks. Always so hard to get rid of the techno-type of virus. It's still cool here and way below seasonal, but things are slowly popping out. A couple of early tulips, some daffodils (smaller than normal) and the hyacinth bloomed yesterday in the weak sun so there's some fragrance now in the garden. I just wish the winds would shift from the north! Hope you have a great week, Snaggle.

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...


LYNN, He has quite an imagination, n good eye-hand coordination. He also picked a deep subject for a 1st grader. Ir's finally above freezing, n time to plant-Yay! Veggies get the best sun placement here.

GB, They just have to keep messing with us as soon as we get used to a system. I'm starting to hate the learn new stuff thing every time I turn around- Every thing makes this machine crash...

Talon, Yay you finally got sprung flowers! We need an Off-shore breeze to get warmer here. Water still in the 40 F's so we don't like onshore now. Thanks

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Love the painting!

IE has such a bad reputation nowadays. I use Safari and Chrome occasionally when Safari plays up. And I find Firefox good too. For some reason I can't update my Safari to the latest one so I'm finding certain sites won't work on it well.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I do too- Thanks. The update thing with dial-up puts a real burr under my saddle. Like for entire days-
When I try to make a list of all the tech innovations I've been forced to switch to in my life, the list seems endless. If only I had time to deal with it all- I'd heard on the news even Mac OS7 is having big probs lately! So many hackers- Hope your Safari keeps working ok for you, n you find a way to update.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home