Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Worlds Apart

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2013


Unbeknownst to my readers, I've known how to make planets in Paint Shop Pro from photos for awhile now... It took some time for it to occur to me to apply the Curly Q effect to one tho- This was today's result.



Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2013


Here is the color n texture changed version, with a rotating mirror applied.
I rotated it 180 degrees before making the circle out of it.




Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2013
I've never seen this effect appear so warped-round due to the colors before. When I say I write Sci-Fi n invent whole new worlds to describe, I'm not kidding- these give my imagination quite a boost... The possibilities are endless. Then again, maybe it could be a new bowling ball design...

 In reality, it is a pic of the short pier taken from the main pier at the village harbor during a less colorful sunset on my last Day Off. The windchill must've been -20F, so I hid behind the leeward side of Harbor-Master shack to bear the chill for a few minutes. The water was pretty choppy around the planks.


It formed a pretty wavy planet too!

10 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That water is so beautiful. I like the planet, too.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Do you applaud yourself when you complete one of these colorful altered photographs? You should:) Love the picture of the water and can just imagine the sound of the slapping against the slips.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I love the planet, Snaggle! That is so neat!

I'm with Annie - I can hear the water slip-slapping :) Beautiful capture.

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Not often do we see that spot choppy- I'm pleased with my new thing, thanks

Gran Annie, I just say "Ooooo~!" I'm not big on applause... my hands are too sore. The wind was really howling about 40 mph. The water was loud- very perceptive.

Talon, I'd like that pic on the dentist chair room wall while I'm waiting for the anesthetic to kick in, I think! Another fun experiment. Just like you're there at the harbor with me, thanks.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Your art is really beautiful. I'm fascinated with how you come up with such interesting designs.
Aas usual, I love your water picture too. I am presently reading William Bradford's 'Of Plymouth Plantation' so pictures of your area really bring the story to life. Thank you so much for braving the frigid temps to capture them.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Neo said...

So what's the legal drinking age on Planet Snaggle?

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Mountain Mama, thanks- I'm happy to share my discoveries. The last historical book I read was a bio of Captn William Kidd n his travels in the late 1600's which really opened my eyes to how life used to be- Your book sounds informative too- Have I mentioned my Neighbor is a direct descendant of the original Pilgrim colony of Plymouth? (Robins).
Yep, I really take risks sometimes for the pics...

Neo, 2, but by then you're already over 20 feet tall due to the extremely low gravity-

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I love the altered images. The second one looks like a marble to me.

The water goes look amazing!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Must be very high ceilings in such a place!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Thanks- There's an effect in Paint Shop Pro that makes doing this pretty easy once you figure out combos of different effects.

Neo, N the towers are pretty sky high, n shaped like spirals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home