Friday, January 13, 2012

Lucky Day

Image by SnaggleTooth 2012
When I was a few decades younger I used to get really nervous bad stuff would happen on Friday the 13th. I was very superstitious, n tried not to go anywhere or do major things on those days for many years.

A few bad things actually happened to me on those days years later, n I blamed the date for those... Somebody once convinced me nothing was wrong with that number. So it was ok to get married that day (The only free date the preacher had open). Altho it wasn't a Friday, That whole part of my life turned out very bad for me. The divorce was final on a 13 too!

Then some one I loved very much died on the Friday the 13th. That got me hiding in the house when that day rolled around again for alot of years. I'd even called in for work due to being paraniod of getting in the car those days.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2012
The past decade or so I've convinced myself it's not the number or dates fault, even if stuff sometimes goes wrong then. I've had no choice but to ignore the foreboding thoughts associated with Friday the 13th, n get to work n do what needs to get done. Definately tho, I'm more comfortable staying home for it.

Anyone one else feel foreboding evil on this day?
Perhaps it's just caused by watching the Jason films as a teen... the Heebee-Geebee, crawly feeling- Of course reading a good murder mystery book today doesn't help either! (Just finished The Poet by Micheal Connolly) .


photo by SnaggleTooth 2009
Sometimes when I use this number for the "ball", it hits on my lottery ticket for a few bux. Today I have to go out n face the world, n ignore what I used to think like it means nothing to me. It's still there tho- the paranoia.


This pic I got the altered images from today was taken in January 2009 near the boat ramp beach. We don't have snow here now, btw.


Hope every one has a lucky Friday!

12 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Neo said...

triskaidekaphobia

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I didn't remember it was Friday the 13th until now. I'm good with it, I guess. Let's make it lucky. :)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger TALON said...

That shot of the long shadow and the footsteps in the snow is amazing, Snaggle. I didn't even know it was Friday the l3th at all until this morning when I heard someone mention it on the radio. I can imagine if unhappy or bad things have happened, you would have a bad association with it. I hope that this Friday the 13th turns out to be a glorious one for you :)

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Alaska got all your snow.

now, no real superstitions about Friday the 3th. Black cats crossing my path always fraek me out a bit, tho.

Yep, I'm gonna brave the wild world later and attempt a grocery store run. Wish me luck and safe return.

As Talon, wishes -- hope your Friday the 13th is a glorious one, full of unexpected delights and charms.

xoxo

xoox

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Fear of the number... It's the Friday plus the number I get paraniod of.

Lynn, Sometimes I do find the number lucky But at the time clock I avoid it, Because I need more good luck! It came up in my quick pick lottery ticket this week too- That's when I noticed on the calender.

Talon, Thanks- I've got tons of tree shadow pics for some reason... Just think it's odd the winter we're having here this year- so far only a dusting of snow that melted. I do have a very bad memory of the day from decades ago. I survived my day at work- Thanks again.

JanF, Did you see the snow as high as houses on the natl news? Crazy snow there in Alaska. That's unlucky for them! You know I have a black cat? I used to have 3 black cats at the same time. Blob, Midnight, n Mischief. That's alot of path crossing, but it doesn't phase me-
I hope all went well with your store run. I made it thru the day ok, thanks.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - I hear ya. Well for my trouble I got a blood blister on left hand's finger while practicing a cover song on guitar, then I retreated to the shower where I promptly got shampoo in my eye! Then I realized the song I was practicing was Superstition by Stevie Wonder.

I prompted decided to go to sleep before I did more permanent damage to myself!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Neo said...

PS I apologize for the typo, hard to type with a bandaid on your finger!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I don't have any bad connections with Friday 13th to be honest, but I can imagine if I had like you have, it would fill me with dread too.

Hope it turned out to be a good day for you anyway!

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Seems like some bad luck there... Funny about the song!
I spilt my tea thermos on work break- no caffiene-ugh! The bottom of my shoe sole came off the toe- (Flap-Flop, trip!), n it's a state holiday week-end again!

Neo, wat tupez? How rare...

LLcoolJ, So it is a lucky day for you! I bet you didn't see the Jason in a hockey mask horror movies, either- You're better off really! Thanks-

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Putting your "best foot forward," I see? LOL

But seriously in all these years of me playing guitar, (about 20 years or so now) I have never gotten a blood blister on my fretting hand from playing.

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I can't wait for a new work pair, which get very gloppy so won't even drive with them on.
You have a point- I've never gotten one from the playing, but had one then tried to play. Hmmm. new type of strings? The cold? Previous injury from something else added into maybe? Odd!
I've only been playing 40 years...

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snaggle - newbie! ;)

I think it was the guitar riff. Try fretting the notes for that song with the quick changes. A lot more intense that playing simple chords. I play with 11's on my acoustic, so they aren't overly thick.

I chalk it up to tricky note runs, but still it's odd. I'll be trying again in the next day so we'll see how my fingers hold up. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home