Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cold Deck Garden

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 25 2011
I made it out to the deck before the daylight faded for the first time in a couple of weeks. Here's the blooms I mentioned in a comment recently. There's Marigolds, Caterbury Bells, Impatiens, n a few Petunias that have survived the cold this week so far. At least the recent cold has gotten rid of the large, green catepillars that have been eating the Petunias up all fall. The garden pest bug spray didn't even slow them down.

The frozen temps are supposed to arrive later this week. I'm wondering if the remaining beet plants will continue to survive in the cold to eventually get to picking size. That'll be this year's experiment, besides finding Garden Imps in my altered images...

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 25 2011The tree leaves just aren't getting the color going this abnormal year, as I predicted. I'll just have to find color where I can.

Here comes Halloween n I'll be missing the whole thing. I like the creativity in costume n decor invention associated with the festivities. At work tho, I expect a crazy, big order the night before to do me in. I couldn't even wake up on Day Off today- so burnt out from the past week. I can't wait 'til clock Fall Back on Nov. 6 this year. I need that extra hour ASAP!

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 25 2011Today I wasted alot of free time looking for things stored away. I hate when stuff isin't where you thought. When I moved the backroom boxes due to a roof leak awhile back, alot of winter things went MIA, n I still need to do alot more searching. Time to get plastic n insulation up this week also.
(I like this pic)
It's nice to still get some flowers out the window so late in the year. Better keep getting ready for the icy air coming in soon.

12 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I saw the garden imps and named each one:)

Your garden grows nicely and beautifully.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Lovely flowers, Snaggle.

Do you ever want to eat your own baking? There is a bakery in my home town that is so good and the ladies who work there say they are not tempted by any of, since they are around it so much.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, You're so good at names. I'd been deck watering daily all year until the past few weeks- It's rained alot. I'm lucky to have the blooms now- thanks

Lynn, thanks. After the first week you get really sick of the food you work with. Sometimes we take home stuff when there's a tomn extra to toss out. I gave BBM a huge box of muffins last week. I took 3, n still haven't eaten them all...

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Neo said...

I like that theme.. "Searching for lost things." hmmmmmmm

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I like ALL the pix, Snag! Your flowers really great great. Can you bring in the beets and put them in a window. I do love beets -- pickled, hot with butter, you name it.

Well, I hope that when you are searching you find other cool things you forgot you had, or maybe at one time were looking for too. That happens to me a lot!!

Oh, and be sure to get rid of that last comment -- spam! I had it in my span folder today too.

BB's trying on hats today for halloween. I think he's looking for his pirate one now.

xooxoxoxo

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

hay, my jannie beeted me heer todae!!

yoo lieks this hat of mine, Snaggil, my deerists?

oooxxx

-- me -- BB.

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I don't like it much, due to not finding something important this week!

Dear boy Amer Women suk- Sorry I do not agree! Bye

JanF, thanks. I like beets just plain- good for the eyes too. No room in here unless I bump African violets n primrose. I'd really like a greenhouse one day-
I'm looking for something specific that was my mothers n can't find it! those boxes were packed 10 years ago- can be painful to see that stuff. But discovering the forgotten, yes!

BB, Jannie's pretty quick at the click sometimes. Nice gold thing on your chapeau. Good week for dress-up!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Hopefully your garden won't get smacked by the "nor'easter" this weekend (panic! panic!).

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, Thanks- I hope not too... think I'm more paraniod of driving home in the storm- Usually next to the water it isin't as bad for snow until the water temp hets lower tho.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Jannie's feet smell!

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Hey- play nice! My feet are cold- Trick or Treat, Give me something good to eat

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Note: Glad I got the pic- all the Marigolds got snapped off- very psychic of G!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home