Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Paying Attention

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 23 2011



An earthquake shook most of the Eastern USA, n I slept right thru it-


After waiting over two weeks for a designated "Crash-Out Day" to sleep as long as I needed, I slept all the way until 5 pm! When I woke up I heard the TV News about the strong quake felt by so many, even up in Boston.


The Great White Sharks that have been off the Chatham shore for two summers now have made the national news today too, thanks to video by shark taggers.


I've only swum over my head once so far this summer. I have to admit tho Whites haven't been seen in the waters near my town, I'm paraniod.

infared satellite Aug 24 6 am
This week I get to look forward to tracking Hurricane Irene, said to likely be heading this direction. It wouldn't be fun to have to move all the deck stuff, now that it's all proliferating like crazy, (Thank Miracle Grow).


At least the muggies are on holiday This Day Off, now I just need all the laundry washed n hung out.

9 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I was talking to sil in Newport News,VA about their hurricane preparations when the earthquake struck. She thought it was a sonic boom and called later to tell us it was the quake. Yikes!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I know how you feel. Not looking forward to this hurricane as we have some large and old trees on the windy side of the house! Dodged the earthquake bullet and hope I will dodge the hurricane bullet as well

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

My sister was in an Arbys in Virginia and said it shook the building.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Wow, what timing! Must have been frightening to be near the epicenter- Hope all is well with SIL!

Tabor, The anticipation kills me because I have to work all week-end- But at least I'm not a driver out in the storm! I feel so bad for those guys. I had to do most of get ready today, because I won't have free time the rest of the week! Best of luck to us all!

Lynn, Wow, that was close to the center of action! I hope she n her family there were all ok, n escaped damage. Even folks in Boston evacuated buildings. There in the south it must have felt strong.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Well, I'm so glad to hear you slept!! I know how your sleep patterns have gotten disturbed, working the night shift.

That was a pretty high earthquake, 5.1 I believe.

Glad you are okay!

xo

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I did really need sleep! Still do- Darn neighbor cut down trees today-
The official geological survey reports it was 5.8 on the link I posted. Still waiting to see if there's any Hurricane damage. We're on the end of Buzzard's Bay the water, so we expect surge flooding here. thanks

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha that made me laugh that you slept through it!

And does miracle grow work? Someone told me that it doesn't give you more flowers just more foliage. Is that true?

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, One time while sleeping thru an earthquake, I had a dream of a wooden box with potatoes in it being shaken back n forth n it was rumbling! Not this time... I was oblivious.
Miracle grow has gotten my plants alot larger this year, resulting in bigger radishes n beets, n the flowers are all doing very well, tho on bigger plants. More folliage, but producing more too.

I moved t all up against the side of the house n hope I still get to harvest some of it- if it doesn't blow away...

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Sorry for the quake, I had some beans for lunch.... Quite embarrassing. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home