Wednesday, May 11, 2011

10 Days

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/loose-christian-movement-says-end-of-days-in-may/
When I saw a recent news spot about "The End is Near" type ads, I thought the story rang a bell about something which happened awhile back... So I did a little digging.

Billboards have been going up around the world to warn folks. Some people in "Project Caravan" have given up their regular lives to spread the message to everyone they can, a noble n perhaps futile mission.

http://thesidetalk.wordpress.comThe group's 89-year-old leader, Harold Camping, is the president of the Family Radio Christian network. Mr. Camping was a civil engineer who used mathematics to decipher numbers in the bible according to a formulae which he devised, is thoroughly outlined on Wikipedia.

His web site explains why scripture lets us know that some will know when the end is coming, btw.
He incorrectly made the same prediction for September 4, 1994, n stated he'd made a mistake which he's corrected for the current prediction. That's why I'd heard of it before!

Members of the Project Caravan believe the date will begin the Rapture, n the world will officially end on October 21st. They believe if they re still here after that day, they weren't picked, n will suffer the months of torture with the rest of the damned folks. Some members I saw on tv news have stated they expect an Earthwide earthquake on that day, beginning on the Greenwich UK mean time line.

http://exceptionalmediocrity.com I have now done my part to warn everybody, just in case.
........................


Now, if I actually believed that the world ends the 21st of this month... What would it change about my current plans?





- I won't need to get MB a card for her B-day on the 22...

- I won't have to bring my trash to the dump or recycling as soon as I can. Let the pile build!

- I can stop worrying about how I'm going to suffer due to the electric bill payment plan all summer from this past winter's heat bill.

- I won't need to pay any bills at all, or worry about the deadlines. Not saving up to make rent frees up some funds-

-Hmmm, maybe I'll take all that bill money n have a big ole party... eat cholesterol laden ice cream with whipped cream n order a blooming onion from Chili's.... all the stuff I tell myself I can't afford to do.

-I could run up a huge phone bill calling all my old friends n it wouldn't even matter!

- Probably I'd sell some stuff that isin't needed short-term, n buy presents for folks with it, so at least they can have fun for a little while before it's too late.



http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/it-s-the-end-for-end-of-days-billboard-in-uae-2011-04-11-1.379594I'm sure you can think of what you'd do differently, or things I didn't think of yet-

14 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

I'm not saying yes
I'm not saying no
It said we will know
the times
but it will come
like a thief in the night
We'll see the sings
and the top dogs will
explain them away
Only the people in heaven
will know and
they’re not telling


Have great day till then and
hopefully after.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Oh wait, wrong story.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, a very scetchy formulae, n he was already wrong once! He said Christ will come like a thief in the night "to those who don't keep watch" n he's watching...I'd like to have a whole good year, n for you too! Thanks

G, The billboard pics are linked to where I got them- exceptional mediocrity dot com had a funny list of how to string along doomsday followers, even after the date comes n goes.
In truth, no one knows when n if the sky is falling, chicken or not! I suppose it could, anytime!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I would just get a whole chocolate cake to eat. :) Thanks for the warning, Snaggle!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I just heard about this yesterday. I guess I'm behind on latest the world-ending scenario. Geez - I've only got a few days left!

Thanks for the heads up! I'd hate to think I couldn't be with my family who are currently scattered all over the place - maybe there will be a delay? ;)

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Shoot -- I better hurry and send your parcel!!


And darn, I thought we had until Dec 12 '12.

Another one for going for a whole chocolate cake now!!! With wine, even tho it's only 3:00 p.m. :)

xoxoxo

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, mmmm the entire thing? like a German chocolate from the bakery.... I still want whipped cream on it- You're welcome.

Talon, I believe i first saw an article on project Caravan last summer, n in January. Most linked articles (to the pics) are from a few months ago. It's gotten very little press.
Well, don't get picked up as a sint n you might get until October, but there'll be no power or way to travel, n the plagues are expected to kill everyone off...
For you, having been so good, I'm sure Jesus will issue a get out free pass to collect the clan!

JanF, Ordering UPS on Ebay is now out of the question! I should at least get a day or two to enjoy "the parcel"- These folks say the Mayans are full of it!
Maybe a case of wine for the next week- the expensive stuff!
Have a fun countdown!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - So not fair I was going to blog about this later this week! Beat me to it!

I heard about this recent prediction because of one of my friends telling me about the flyers they were putting on the phone poles everywhere.

If you read the flyer, he gives himself an out when it doesn't happen.

;)

Peace,

- N

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

this "date setting" stuff cracks me up.
but I like that you had good ideas for what to do with your time and $

I guess I would go sailing, a lot

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I guess what is amazing is that people think a God plays math games!

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

well I didn't even know about it.. and it better not end I NEED that birthday!! I'm looking forward to it.

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I'd replied to you n Talon earlier, but they erased my post!
At least I get to open the comment page today...
I'd said: The whole thing? how about a decadent chocolate one...I still want whipped cream on it!

Talon, I'm sure the Almighty will make an exception in your case- You've been SO good!

MB, Isin't that timing something? That's what made me pay attention to the sign I saw. Don't worry, if we don't get "Picked" as Saints, we'll still have 5 months of plagues n prob no power either! Cross those fingers.... (The guys formulae is a bit wierd- go see)

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

We can go back and back and back for hundreds of years to find these certain doomsday warnings. What a crock! I would do nothing differently today and I would change nothing in my past. I have no regrets because my path has led me to wonderful children, god-children, grandchildren, spouse, etc.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, That's the truth about being older n getting faced with a deadline like that. We really have little power to change our circumstances drastically- Of course I'd never give up the kids. It'd be depressing to think the grandkids wouldn't get to grow-

For me, it's true there's so much I do to save for later I wouldn't have to suffer as much if I knew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home