Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shore Shadows

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2010 .
.
We again interrupt our usual winter scenery with memories of cold sunshine from February 2010.
Today I slept thru all the daylight. Just as well, 'cause it was overcast n snowing when I fell asleep, n has been raining non-stop all day n night. Snow n ice is melting down alot out there, with temps above freezing. .
.
I miss the sun, so thought I'd visit it here today...
What I like most about my shadow portrait from that frigid, clear day at Fav beach is it's so stretched, you can't tell how fat I am wearing my heavy winter coat! That was low tide n I remember walking under the exposed jette to the second beach section for this one.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth 2010


The strong wind n tide current sand ripples were way nifty on the sand that day, n the low bright sun lit them up like magic. The altered images tried from these don't come close to the beauty of the originals, so they'll stay unposted.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth 2010.
.
There were so many different sand patterns to see that day. It'd be tough to guess the scallop above n this rock were only ten feet apart!
Low tide plus low sunlight can reveal many beautiful things...
.
.
We will soon resume with our regular frigid winter program...

7 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

A refreshing change of pace.

Thanks.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

The warm past
sun shining in
memorys not forgeten
yesterday in pictures
time rushing by

Sleeping through the storm.
I just might try it.
Thanks Snaggle.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Gorgeous - I love the textures and the designs nature-crafted in your shots, Snaggle.

Gosh, but I wish we'd get some sunshine. I always find January the dark month.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

The beach and its occupants are so beautiful. How fun that we could see your shadow!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, thanks. I've got so many old pics still unused it's pathetic. Every little vaca counts...

Ellis, Memories are better than the present these gloomy days. I can't seem to get enough sleep lately- Happy snoozing. Thanks

Talon, thanks- It reminds me of roof of a mouth ridges. I've only seen the beach like that a couple times. This month I've slept thru most of the natural light. Nothing like soaking in sunshine to ma ya feel good-

Lynn, It's always interesting- a bit more smelly than seeing the pics tho- I take alot of shadow n reflection pics- but not all come out really well- thanks

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

My favorite is the sand ripples in your shadow pants. And are those bell bottoms?? I LOVE BB's. And so does BB, tho today he has on his black pencil pants and matching turtle neck, doing his Mike Meyers German Schtick.

xoxo

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, thanks. Just an optical illusion. Those are slightly flared-leg jeans for fitting over boots (boot-legs- really!) Dietar- Slap the monkey...SNl, I can hear the enigmatic music...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home