Friday, September 03, 2010

Earl-y Day


.
.
Walking around the village you can't tell it's the Friday of Labor Day week-end.
..
I even encountered a squirrel sitting in the middle of a road, wondering where all the folks were! Down on the M-cove, the water is still calm, n just a little higher than normal.
..
Parking is plentiful, n out side of a little foot-traffic, getting ready, the place seems very deserted.
.

.
I finally remembered to shovel out the grown-over with bamboo drain across from my place.
.
The college kids have been moving in downstairs again this week. Their idea of storm prep is to leave bottles, cans, cleaning chemicals, (armor all, bleach), n all kinds of stuff all over outdoors, (like a small trailer, tv, n bike), then leave! I picked up the porch bottles so they don't fly into my truck- but the furniture n glass stuff left loose on the porch I'm not up to doing- When I was on the porch taking pics of this stuff, I discovered they broke the downstairs doorknob, left laying on the floor- n stormdoor handle also. I re-attached the knob.
..
If I need to leave it would be nice to get out the main door instead of the upstairs outside door in the wind... All that stuff may be in the way of getting out later- not swift! (Grrh kids!)
.
Most of you realize I took this work week off. I've got way too much free time today (as everyone's just waiting around for the storm), to contemplate the wasted time this week. on the long list I made of things that need to get done while I have time this week, like rugs n curtain washing, - nothing has gotten done yet! I've just wasted over half my week doing prep for this storm... n off I go to pack more emergency stuff so it's handy.
.
MB has moved her visit back a day to avoid the worst of it, n they're saying the week-end weather will be good. Hopefully my vaca time gets back on track soon.
.
Today tho- I'm feeling very unmotovated for cleaning, art, or anything but watching reports n waiting...
note: all these pics were taken today-
I heard there was a large scale earthquake near ChristChurch in NZ- Hope CJ is doing ok!.
.
The storms down to cat 1, n will move off to the East from here far enough so the worst will miss us here. We just need to watch out for tree-wind damages n surge water flooding. It won't happen during high tide, which is good. I'm more worried about BBM's place than mine, n she gets home from work later tonight. I'll be up all night, anyhow- but may have no power for a bit, so never fear if you don't here from me awhile. Looks like this won't be as severe as Hurricane Bob at any rate.
Happy Earl Day!
So far it's been very boring...

8 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I'm glad the storm has downgraded and I'm hoping you get through it all with very little damage. How awful that you have to deal with all that downstairs mess! I'm glad you got the doorknob fixed. I wouldn't like to think of you having to open that upstairs door when the storm is up.

Take care of yourself and hopefully you and all your friends and family will be safe and sound.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

in this case, boring is a good outcome. have a nice visit w the kiddo

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

I don't think I'd be wating.
You'd find me packed and long gone.

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, Very relieved here the storm wasn't a problem. I can't believe what the neighbors did! It's only been a few days- I shudder to think what's next-
Everyone is good- thanks

David, Yes it is- so far it's going well.

Ellis, I don't panic easily, n am known for bravery. If it were still Cat-3 on approach I might drive somewhere.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

What a beautiful place you live, Snaggle. I'm glad you got to get out and enjoy it on your time off. Those neighbors downstairs are students? Then maybe they'll graduate soon and leave. Let's hope.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Yes this spot is pretty for the vaca folks. The "students" who are big beer drinkers n loud with many visitors, have interrupted my life now for 18 months. Most college degrees take 2 to 4 years...

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

They're moving back IN?! Arrrrgh!!!

Anyway...

I wash my curtains once every 10 years whether they need it or not! :)

And that park bench pic speaks deeply to me. LOVE it -- one of my faves of all time from you.

And yay -- for you guys, starting Oct. 1st you can park for longer than 1 hour at a time -- whoooo hoooo.

:)

xoxo

xoxo

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, yes, just in time to ruin my vaca rest!
I'm allergic to dust mites n must regulary wash curtains or face daily severe allergy symptoms. N rugs, n spray apholstry- n wash clothes before wearing, ect.

After tourist season we can park free right on the pier!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home