Monday, August 31, 2009

Up with the Clouds

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 31 2009 .
.
.

I wound my way through the Green Mountains way up to Mallets Bay, Vermont for my Uncle Bill's memorial service. I stayed overnight, then turned around for the return, n made it back home tonight. Little Truck did well, n ate alot of fuel bux, tho was a bit slower chugging up the inclines than she used to be...
So I took it easy on her.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 31 2009
I don't recommend taking pics thru n out the car windows while driving... (I'm really used to doing it) but that's what these are... so that's why the Camel's Hump shot has reflections of the dash-top in it. Couldn't resist sharing the peak sites. They look so much taller in person-
The skies were nifty in some spots as well. I went thru two, high altitude rain-bursts. I'll prob be showing more of these later.
.
I needed more time, n wanted alot more pics, but- Not only did the cam batteries run out, I changed them then the Card ran out- I Deleted some lesser images, Then those ran out on the way back. I didn't get alot of sleep, so off I go now to try to catch-up a bit.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 31 2009
Those same kids from before are moved in for the winter downstairs again. I'm not thrilled. I pray I get more daylight sleep than last time, before the exhaustion has me throwing tizzy-fits at them. Too bad I didn't have more time to relax while I was up there. I'm just relieved to've made it home in decent shape.
.
Off to dreamy mountain peaks, river valleys, n intense dream-clouds...

18 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Those Mountain "persons" sure look great! Do you have noisy neighbours? I've had my share of same - it's very depressing. See you - Rob

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

glad you made it home safe and sound! I was thinking of you yesterday.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Lovely sky in that last shot. Hope your dream-clouds were just as lovely. Thankful that you and Little Truck made it there and back safely.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Glad you and lil' truck had a safe journey. The clouds are gorgeous!

Sorry the neighbors from Hell are back! :(

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

Tizzy-fits; love that image and will file that word in my notebook for possible future use. Rest well

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Robin, Didn't have a chance to get people in pics this trip. My neighbors are in their early 20's, party alot, have loud music n tv, have 10 guests over, n randomly make loud, sudden sounds to interrupt every hour I try to sleep-

MB, me too. Little Truck hit 70k finally. All the hoping thoughts being sent helped. You didn't stop in on Bro John this vaca, did you?

Lynn, I love those stacked-upward cloud piles, except It rained when I drove thru it- Thanks, it's a sigh of relief-

Talon, Thanks, all my prayers were heard. I've decided there'll be no more tip-toeing up the stairs when I get home...

Paige, That's an old expression from the '70's when I was growing up. They already woke me up hour for hour, all day today!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

No I didn't... one of these days I suppose I should but the kids are too rambunctious for WP at this point

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Hope your dream-clouds were all encompassing and fulfilling?

70K is a fine benchmark for a truck. We had a Toyota once with 370,000 and it ran like new. Change thy oil and all shall be granted in cardom. Except gas, gas ain't free. I wonder if my car could run on good vibes alone?

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Glad to hear that you made it back in one piece.

Nice pics of the mountains.

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I sent him pics of all the kids last March.

JanF, I bought it with 9k back in '01 just before driving 1600 miles to the Keyes n back home again. She's starting to break in now- (n creaky).
you need a car that runs on giggles!

G, thanks, it was quite a trip through there as usual-

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Yes, my car a '98 Infiniti (today) runs on sheer funsterdom.

I say "today" as Hubby sometiems sells my cars out from under me, tho not too much lately. Had this one for MONTHS!!

xo

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Little Truck is a '98 too- (4cyl). I'm looking to never trade her in. May rot from under me tho, salty roads n air make for lotsa rust. Luckily I know how to do auto-body work.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Wow, you do your OWN body work?

But of course -- you are an all 'round artiste.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, in '85 I got a hand-grinder for my Bday n learned how to fiberglass lower-fenders for my '66 buick. That came in handy for boat repairs also.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

got a boat with an outboard motor?? She fixed those for years when I was a tot!

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I got a new grinder at oceanstate for $15, somewhere in here... I like playing "Fix-it"

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

lol.. a true Scot, you are.. always finding the bargain!! (was it on sale with a triple coupon too?? hahaha)

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I remember one triple-Cu trip to IGA that got me $20 bux of stuff for about $1.10! I'm signed up for oceanstate cu's to my email, too. Just wish the printer would stop running out of ink- the got stuff in there for .25 n .50 cents...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home