Saturday, June 13, 2009

Inspiration

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2009
.
.
Day Off was partly sunny! It always feels great to see the Sun after so many grey n rainy days. I let Mischief out on the deck for a long time while I puttered about. Tons of people n dogs were outside playing n walking all over the place.
.
My problem neighbors have been away! I got better sleep, so was able to get up n outside before missing all the pleasant weather without the groggies. Thankfully, my TV is still working after the digital switch over. I wasn't sure it would, because I have cable, but don't use a cable box. Weather Guy warned me to enjoy today, because grey's moving back in the next few days again. Rain Toad has been working overtime, more than me... Every day I dump out the water, n haven't had to water anything. Most of the plants aren't dry enough to transplant, tho some did finally get done.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2009
While I was waiting for the comforter's wash cycle at the village laundrymat, I walked a block down to the bluff n got that top pic of the pier. The watercraft traffic is picking up big time. It was about 6:30 pm n Marc's, the pizza place, was very crowded. There were droves of boisterous teens hanging about uptown. Every one seemed out n about to socialize in the dryness. Except me, doing chores with only my cam for company on a Saturday.
.
The pic at the bottom was taken from the little bridge near my house, while on my way to the market this evening. I'm fortunate not to have to go out of my way to get these inspirational sights into my day. So even tho I had to do errands n chores, I got to enjoy minutes of it, n captured part of it to share.
.
Sometime soon tho, I'd like to stop n relax without pressing issues dictating priorities in my free time. I haven't had two days off in a row since September! I don't know anyone else who can say that. I really need a vaca, n tho I qualify for one as of this week, work won't let me have one until after the busy season of Summer on Cape Cod.
.
The truth is, even if I hit the lottery Jackpot this week, I wouldn't slow down. There's so much catch-up to do here between chores n backlog projects. It would sure feel good to not be overtired finally, enough to be in the mood to mess around with unplanned experiments painting n stuff. I haven't had time to do so much I've thought of recently.
.
Lately I've been just working on the "needed" n doing none of the "wanted." Other folks got me missing so much rest I can't think to organize myself better. I've got a zillion snippets begun n unfinished to work on. Work has me wiped out with blistered fingers n toes, n even that doesn't stop my brain's creative functions from spitting out yet more projects I need more time for... I crave more musical instrument time n must be content with an hour-
.
I'm here doing this, because I don't have to plan it or do it carefully, n I like to do it! Lists of writing projects hang in limbo awaiting more inspiration to key, but I know this time is too limited to accomplish much, n then I won't get to everything else needed, because it takes me over...
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2009
.
.
.
As I went to the Cumbies store for milk under two bux near midnight, rain started up again! One Day Off without grey rain was better than none at all... Why is it easier to think, plan, n dream on sunny days?

15 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Sunshine really lights up our lives doesn't it? And all the dark corners of our minds.

We finally had a glorious day today after days of cloud and rain/off and on with more rain scheduled tonight.

The pics are beautiful and your plants look so happy. The african violet is gorgeous!

I'm glad you got some mini mental breaks and really glad you got some decent rest with the noisy ones away!

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, I get lost without sunshine- Glad you got in a good weather day also. Thanks, of course the unhappy shrivels didn't pose for that take!
The A.Violets were a gift years ago, n keep giving, by blooming several times a year! They live in the house-
Darn people downstairs returned while I was at work- Can't wait til they move!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I want to dive into that first pic so much, as I do with all your pix. Well, most of them anyway-- not so much the ones of the ruts in the lawn and such. :) But even the fut pix are special because they come from you.

Glad to hear your sleep situation has improved a bit. And remember, whatever creative project you're working on try to immerse yourself in the moment of it to renew your soul and let the thought of other projects remain ourside the realm of your current consciousness. (Talk about unsolicited advice eh.) What I mean to say, is try no to worry too much about what else is to be done. Enjoy the moment, when you can!

So the downstairs people are moving for sure? Great, I'll rent it!

And now playing in my head is "Sunshine on my shoulders...) Ah John Denver, another one taken too soon.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Neo said...

My dear Snaggle, inspiration chooses us, we don't choose it.

It will find us when we are willing to let it embrace us. Even if you find you don't have time, it will speak to you.

The question you must ask yourself is how bad do you want it to?

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Thomma Lyn said...

I'm glad you had a sunny day. We're having rain, rain, rain. It's good for the garden, but it makes for soggy outdoor activity.

I love your flowers! So gorgeous. And I'm glad you're feeling more rested.

I hear you on having limited time for everything you want to do. I feel the same way. So many projects, so many activities I love.

I wish so much that there were more than 24 hours in a day -- or that humans didn't have to sleep! :)

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Thanks for appreciating the photos. I wish so much work wasn't required to get back to the night job n I could concentrate better to finish some projects. Good Advice, I have trouble with my brain running to the "must 2do" list- Why I like that stuff done beforehand.
The loud kids have to go to make room for the landlord's sons family in July- They are loud too, but at least don't blast P-diddy cus they're older...
MB bought me JD's CD for Xmas this year- i sing that one to mischief all the time, her fav song.

Neo, That's the thing, I hate when it burstd forth with no paper or tape or time to sing aloud! I even get inspired at the laundrymat...
-Basically, I don't want to waste it!!! It's here n loud. Wish I could afford hookey time-

ThommaLyn, This has been the cloudiest/rainy 2-month period in awhile. We can all tip-toe-thru the-toadstools-n fungus. The bugs are loving it also- Skeeters!
Those plants did look good together- now they're spread out again. The weather is limiting the deck-plant progress this year.
Time... never enough for everything. That's why clones would be a good idea- or hiring tons of folks to do all the work... while you just think! Too bad sleep always suffers n it's harder to do good artwork while too tired!

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - For about 13 to 20 bucks at your local best buy or computer, or music story they sell 1 and 2 gb flash drive mp3 players.

Find one that has the little built in voice recorder on it. They are about the size of a cigarette lighter and you can easily transfer any voice recording onto your pc, via USB port, or if you want to do it old school; your radio/stereo via the headphone jack connector.

I have one that I use for my mp3's (and trust me I was a CD guy for a long long time) and in a jam it's easy to just push the little button talk into the little mic hole and quickly save your recording. It's also really handy for moving around files in a jam.

They look something like this: (Pardon the long link coming here - Make sure it has the voice recorder on it though; not sure if this one does but it'll give you an idea)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8202045&st=mp3+player+2+gb&type=product&id=1165609745683#tabbed-customerreviews

You could wear the thing around your neck or put it on your keyring.

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Here's what they look like. My model is similar to this one but mine is a year and a half old. I'm sure you can find these cheaper on ebay if you poked around through the search features:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Coby-MP-305-2GB-Flash-MP3-Player-MP305-2GBLK_W0QQitemZ400050761659QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_MP3_Players?hash=item5d24e22fbb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1234|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A50

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

It's easier to plan, think and dream under a sunny day, simply because a sunny day transports us back to a time when nothing really mattered beyond dealing with ourselves.

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, thanks for the suggestion. I've heard of them n seen them more expensive, n older large ones. Didn't know about the small recorder one. It stinks being stuck on my machine at work tho- for hours, can't even push that button- gotta have clean hands...
I'll check out those links.

G, Sunny days - knew therer had to be an explaination my brain clears out with the weather! Thanks.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

the last time I remember it being so rainy in june was back in 1998.. i remember specifically beause I had to walk to work in it, and I was always soaked up to my knees... with the use of my umbrella, not a pleasant time..

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I like fried chicken.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, Ya, I remember that too, just lost track of what year/month it was! After awhile it'll all glaze over for you too...
Of course it's been clear for work a couple days, freezin at night, n will rain for Day Off tomorrow again!

JanF, I get KFC when I can, myself. I'm stove n oven challenged until all the elements get replaced. Haven't made any of that in decades- wonder where I stored the old deep fryer...

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I almost never cook! The grocery store has great fried chicken, I pick it up once in a while.

I like potato salad too.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I never get the store chix. I did home-make potatoe salad this week, almost all gone...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home