Thursday, October 19, 2006

Whir-Whoosh

I wish I had one of these so I wouldn't owe the Electric Company so much!


Photo by Snaggle Tooth

This baby is sitting smack in the middle of what used to be left field of the Baseball diamond at Mass Maritime Academy. It's visible from the Rotaries near the Famous Rail-road bridge by the Canal. Some people are trying to get a large field of these wind-power generators going in Nantucket sound. There's a question of wrecking the view, killing birds, n I sure wouldn't wanna hit one with a small wave-tossed sea-craft by accident... But I really think I want one!

Photo by Snaggle Tooth

These were taken in September. They really pack-em in at the Yaght Club at $2500 per quarter slips.

Well, I'm off to a Metro-West day-trip to visit with some sibs I haven't seen in ages.

Have a blast!

5 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Hope you had a wonderful day off, and a great time with the sibs. You more than deserve time away.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Nice shots, I got the visual of a bird flying off course through that thing. *smoosh!*

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

PSI deleted JBI, and now some idiot took the blog name, do me a favor and remove my link from your list so you don't send any of your viewers blog spam.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, Thanks. Everyday off is a good day off! The trip went well. I'm enjoying the tea you sent right now... sip, sip, thanks again!

Neo, Thanks- it was low-light but they came out, yay! The wind turbine blades were moving so slow I had to wait a minute to snap the shot with them in that position- I think birds would have the speed n talent to avoid the movement, but I still don't know how fast they'll go in high wind. That one is located next to water on a small, windy penninsula.

Bummer about spam-jam!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

neo-- i tried going to your site yesterday, and i was all confused.. and began wondering what kind of scamyou were trying to pull on us! are you gonna have another blog anytime soon?

mom-- hope you had a great time with the family! i miss them bunches

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, Luckily I didn't go back to JBI after I knew Neo closed it down- What a night-mare those Spammers can be, huh?

Ya the fam visit was a hug-fest. N Chateau food- yay!

btw- Arline- just got home from major surgery so I didn't get to visit her, but she made it thru ok- now chemo n Rad is all done n she just needs to recover from the op. Keep her in your prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home