Saturday, May 13, 2006

Rainy

It's been raining all week here again, with some lovely foggy n murky night drives home mixed in.
Back in my cranberry-bog-work-era, I made this up:
"The fog on the bog is mainly for the frogs!"
At least ya can still hear the peepers out there...
...
Snaggle's family pic from many years ago

Mother's Day week-end is here n a couple family birthdays are happenin. I don't get to go anywhere, but at least BBM n baby J live down the street, so I'll get to see them. The younger off-shoot is about 250 miles down the road, n $3 per gallon fuel has me parked in the driveway. Wish I could have a BBQ like my bro used to do for the Mom's every year. Someday... can't afford that now, either! I'll be lucky to get to work n pay rent too for these few weeks. My charcoal grille is very rusted also...
...
I'm just not on the ball, lately. Still haven't gotten my Puter-cards runnin right since on the new system, so haven't sent out any cards this year yet, until this week. (You know who you are...) It's takin me forever to get around to b-day greetings tho, so sorry you'll all be gettin belated cards this year, maybe by July... if I can get my fonts CD to load into the old files correctly one of these dayz! I managed to get them all to lean-lefty instead of normal! Uninstall, reload, ugh! Another day if got more playtime...
...
There's a writing contest deadline I just missed because I can't come up with the entry fee. Would hafta wait until next fall to win anything, anyways, but makes ya look good when submitting. I'm barely finding Blog-writin-time, lately. This current job is slowin me way down in my (What) free-time (?) with recovery. Need to find something a bit less physical. It feels good whipping into better condition, but it's tough to maintain the energy-level for months on end. Of course I'd like to just ditch work, n just paint n write all day, but rent is unforgiving.
Doing all of it is just exhausting, n I'm there, already! Not time for much rest, n feelin it.
Work's been suckin eggs without decoratin them lately! The people have been difficult this week. Of Course, today is a full Moon also... (Aahh-roooowwW! Ar, ar, ar!!) Seems like they're ready for blood...
...
Got tons to get done before the summer people descend here. Once they arrive, there is no escaping them. Have ya noticed I like it quiet? if not, ya haven't been readin this blog!
...
Update Note: Keep up your get-well prayers for "A.T." who had clean liver biopsy results last week! She's now back in stage III from the final IV they'd given her, n there's now hope worth millions where despair had taken over!
She's convinced it's a miracle of prayer.
May she be correct!

4 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I love this picture! I know exactly who everybody is, even though I've never met anyone in person. What a lovely photo to have for always!

I've been keeping an eye on the Weather Channel and it doesn't look too promising for the New England area. There's been flooding reported in NH, and I haven't heard too much about the Cape. Hope it is faring well.

Hoping also that you find a better job in the immediate area soon... perhaps with everything opening up again????

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, Thanks, it's one of my fav pics.
The news reporting major flooding in the NE part of Mass, in Peabody, Beverly, Melrose- pretty bad, some evac'd folks, some in boats! Many cancellations, No school. The Gov, Mitt Romney declared a state of emergency already. Alot of flooded basements in homes.

The Cape is fine, tho a bit damp, Not much river damage here.
The Merrimack is the most over flood-level so far.

Wish there were local jobs in the same pay-range, but there's just many lower-paid ones...

10:38 PM

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

we were watching the boston news this evening and they said teh exit i need to take tomorrow to boxford off 495 is closed! oh no! so we went online to boston.com and it said you just can't go into lawrence... phew.. as long as the other direction is open for that's the way i need to go.. i'm gonna check in the morning b/c i'm hoping i don't have to reschedule!

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, ya the roads (128,93,ect) were all backed up due to messed up off-exit-roads n bridges.

Several people didn't make it into my work today, either.

Guess the rain's still in effect until Weds.
BTW - I'd check to see if their schools are closed before maybe finding impassable roads...
Stay safe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home