Monday, November 28, 2005

Cyber Monday

Did everyone shop online today? Not me...
The kiddies'll be fortunate to get any expensive fun-stuff from me this year! The bank account is empty already... diff to shop that way... Need to come up with more creative solutions (with art)... Keep thinkin, keep comin up with ideas... But for me n many others, it's really "Tired Monday." * Yawn-* Turkey makes ya tired!
...
All I get to do online is search, research, n lotsa bloggin readin! I'm reading so many blogs now, I have to make appointments to keep up with 'em all! Some days I read faster than others. This is a slow readin week, due to swollen optic tissues and hives around my eyes, but I'm not too far behind yet. The eye strain migraines'll prob start up later in the week n drag me down.
...
JurassicPork actually wrote the shortest ACOTW column this past Sunday than I've ever seen over there, Good timin, JP! I'm also trying to get through some mag n book market listings, which is almost as dry as reading an auto repair manual (read that last week)... At least the motovation for the non-fictional reading hasn't left me entirely yet, the eyes'll surely give out first!
Reading boot-logs 'll do me in everytime... so my machine better hang steady this week! Don't wanna shop, but I'm window shoppin' for sure!

9 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -Yup, I know that broke feeling. But it's cool that you give gifts from your talents. That is truly the best present anyone can give.

I did that for my mom once on Mothers Day, I didn't haven any money, so I just wrote her a song. When she started listening to she cried; tears of being happy, not sad.

The whole xmas thing usually bums me out. It's just one of those things I guess.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I've been doing original presents for decades now, prob is with time consumption. This is the worst money year I've had in a long time.
I wrote a poem for my Dad one Father's Day, called him on the phone n recited it, didn't even realize it would be the last one he had.
Xmas is a commercial mess which is usually so impersonal n judged on the bux spent... which I never liked, but I'm a generous person who wants to get fun stuff for the little ones that didn't exist when I was little, n can't.
Difficult not to get bummed out over it.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger cityman05 said...

Hey, you've got a very cool blog. I saw your comments on one of my friends sites and you seem like an awsome person. I like your upbeat motivation.

Check out my blog if you get a chance.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ok CityMan,
Thankz for the visit n comment. I'll visit ya! ...

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Snaggle- I still do some original presents with the baking and all, but it's hard (like you said) with the little ones... they expect so much more (and see so much on TV).
Luckily, all one brother likes is Christmas cookies (which I do every year... and is very time consuming, like you said), but to mail it out to him costs a small fortune. Oh well... it's Christmas, I tell myself. What better time to let him know he matters in my life.

Neo- That's so nice about the song
(you too Snaggle about the poem!).
I think most parents like those presents more, as it shows how creative and imaginative their children are. My Dad always liked the things I made for him much better than any store-bought present. Leave it to our parents to be our best cheerleaders, huh?

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

so here i am.. back on blogger... and i'm sure you thought i fell of the face of the internet world! ha. just kidding.. i't been a while since i last posted, but haven't had teh chance really...

speaking of presents... i totally forgot to mail out your birthday present :::hangs head in shame::: i had to pick up an envelope, but haven't had the chance. so i got it today when i filled my script at walgreens... i've got to get my tooth pulled... gonna do it next week so i'm on penicillin in the mean time... it should pop right out.. it's just the baby tooth.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ya Ellen,
I miss doing the fun projects that my parents n grandparents always appreciated. Postage is getting costly too.

MB you're alive! Talking of postage, thanx, I'll look for it, n wear it proudly, whatever it is... Don't think I'm gettin to your pahty as it looks now. sigh.

Sorry to hear toothy's acting up, I'm workin on 2 of 'em this week, myself, The cold air does 'em in.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

no shopping for me - til I catch up a bit - I am w neo on the difficulty of Christmas, family and expectations.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ya David, large family's are tough. I'm cuttin down to gettin the two little ones somethin modest, n everyone else has been warned there may be nothin if I don't come up with a bright idea I have time for... Good luck with your huntin also, there'a always pine cones...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home